2 small orange sweet potato (500 g), unpeeled
½ cup (125 ml) olive oil
6 green onions (scallions), chopped coarsely
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 cups coarsely chopped (cilantro) roots and stem
2 fresh jalapeno chillies, chopped coarsely
1 ½ teaspoons finely grated lime rind
2 tablespoons lime juice
½ cup water (80 ml)
500 g (1 pound) bottled sun dried tomatoes in oil
¼ teaspoon garlic power
¼ teaspoon onion power
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ cup (40g) roasted whole blanched almonds
¼ cup (25 g) roasted walnuts
12 x17cm (6 2/4-inch) white corn tortillas, warmed
40g (1 ½ ounces) baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- Boil, steam or microwave sweet potato until tender drain when cool enough to handle, peel sweet potato cut flesh into 1.5cm (¾-inch) pieces.
- Meanwhile, blend or process oil, green onions, cumin, ground coriander, fresh coriander, chillies, rind, juice and the water until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stand until required.
- Drain oil from tomatoes. Process tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of the reserved oil with garlic and onion powders, paprika and nuts until coarsely chopped. Add 2 tablespoons of coriander mixture; pulse until combined.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a large frying pan, stir in sweet potato. Heat mixture over low heat for 5 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve tortillas filled with sweet potato mixture and rocket, topped with remaining coriander mixture.
Due to nut allergies I excluded the almonds and roasted walnuts from my recipe.