1 cup(260g) hummus
2 canned chipotle chillies in adobo sauce
2 cups (300g) chickpea flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups (500ml)
¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
80g (2 ½ ounces) kale leaves, sliced thinly
2 x 420g (13 ½ ounce) cans baked beans
1 tablespoon Mexican spice mix or chilli powder
2 medium avocados (500g), sliced thinly
4 radishes (140g), sliced thinly
½ cup loosely packed coriander (cilantro) sprigs
1 medium lime (65g), cut into wedges
1.blend or process hummus and chilli until combined.
2. Whisk chickpea flour and powders in a medium bowl until well combined.
Make a well in the centre; add water, whisk until mixture is smooth. Season.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat; cook kale, stirring for 2 minuets or until wilted. Remove from pan; cover to keep kale warm.
4. Heat another 2 teaspoon of the oil in the same pan. Add a quarter of the pancake mixture; cook for 2 minuets each side or until light golden. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm. Repeat with
remaining oil and pancake mixture to make 4 pancakes in total.
5. Meanwhile, stir baked beans and spice mix in a small saucepan over low heat until hot.
6. Serve pancakes topped with hummus mixture, baked beans, avocado, kale, radish, coriander and lime wedges.