500g /1 lb 2 oz /4 ½ cups spinach, washed
1 clove garlic, crushed
40 g / ½ oz /1/3 stick vegan butter
300g /10 ½ oz 2 cups plain gluten free flour (optional)
5 vegan eggs (tsp)
200g /7 oz/1 1/3 cups vegan ricotta
150g /5 oz/ 1 ½ oz cups vegan Parmesan, grated
Nutmeg, grated to taste
1.Wilt the spinach with the garlic in the butter. Season and cook until all the water has evaporated from the pan. Chopped and set aside.
2.Place the flour, 3eggs and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl of a food processor and mix until they just come together to form a ball.
3. Remove from the bowl and work with your hands for 1 minuets to make a smooth elastic dough. Wrap in film and leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Roll out the pastry onto a floured surface, turning a quarter turn regularly to ensure you make a rectangle around 2mm thick.
5. Mix the ricotta with the Parmesan, pinch of salt and black pepper and a little grated nutmeg, then whisk in the egg mixture with the spinach.
6. Spoon the mixture down one side of the pastry, then roll up to make a cylinder shape.
7. Wrap the entire cake in a foil very tightly and securely and steam for about 45 minutes or until cooked. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.