1 large vegan egg
120 ml/4 fl oz/1/2 cup sunflower oil
120ml 4 fl oz 1/2 cup soy milk
375 g/ 12 1/3 oz /2 1/2 cups self-raising flour/ gluten free (optional) sifted
1 tsp baking powder
200 g /7 oz /3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
100 g/ 3 1/2 oz /2/3 cup dairy free fudge chunks
1 tsp sea salt crystals
300 ml /10 1/2 fl oz/ 2 cups dulce de leche
600 ml/ 1 pint /2 1/2 cups double vegan heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to (180°C fan) /350° F / Gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with thick paper cases.
2. Beat the egg in the jug with oil and milk until well mixed.
3. Spoon in the mixture into the cases, then bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Transfer the cakes to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
4. Stir the salt into the dulce de leche, then stir half of it into the cream, whip until it holds its shape, then spoon it into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Pipe a big swirl of cream onto each muffin
5. Put the rest of the dulce de leche in a clean piping bag and pipe a small rosette on top of each one.
6. The truth is I couldn’t get the correct vegan double cream, one minutes I can get from my health food store. And another time it’s impossible, I try using the oats but it’s not double cream, couldn’t find the dulce de leche either, I use caramel syrup instead.