Buns Are Best Made On Day Of Serving, however, They Can Be Warmed or Toasted The Next Day.
2 chai vabill-flavoured tea bags
1/4 cup (60ml) boiling water
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 1/4 cups (310ml) oats milk
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
2 teaspoons (7g) dry yeast
5 1/2 cups (800g) bread flour
2 teaspoons mixed spice
2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (120g) sultanas
1/3 cup (40g) goji berries
1/4 cup (55g) crystallised ginger, chopped
1/3 cup (50g) bread flour, extra
1 teaspoon icing (confectioners ) sugar
1/2 cup (110g) castor (superfine) sugar
1/3 cup (80ml) water
1 chai vanill -flavour tea bag
1/2 cup (125ml) pure maple syrup,
1/2 cup (140g) almond butter
1/2 cup (110g) coconut oil, not melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1. Place tea bags in a heatproof jug, pour over boiling water; stand for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, squeezing out liquid; discard. Stir chia seeds into hot liquid with a fork; cool to room temperature.
2.Meanwhile, combine oats milk, or almond milk, syrup and oil in a medium jug; stir in yeast. Sift flour, spice and said into a large bowl; stir in dried fruit and ginger. Add milk mixture and chia mixture; using your hands, mix together until we’ll combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl; cover. Stand in a warm place for 30 minutes.
4. Lightly knead dough for 10 seconds on a lightly oiled surface. Return dough to bowl; cover, and stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until risen half.
5. Divide dough into 24 pieces. Roll into balls; place on a large baking paper -lined tray in six rows. Cover; place in a warm place for 40 minutes or until risen by half.
6. Combine extra flour and the extra water with the sugar in a small bowl to form a smooth paste. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with 3mm (1/8-inch) tube. Pipe a cross pattern over buns.
7.Meanwhile, preheated the oven to 200°C/400°F.
8.Bake buns for 25 minutes or until browned and the centre buns sound hollow when tapped.
9.Meanwhile, make chai glaze and caramel butter.
10.Brush got buns with hot glaze, serve warm at room temperature with caramel butter.
Chai glaze Stir ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves; bring to the boil and discard tea bag.
Caramel butter Process ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate to thicken, if necessary.