Penne Pasta with broccoli, tomato sauce, garlic, onion and oil cooked in one pan and topped with cheese for an easy healthy pasta recipe. if you want it with juice add can tomatoes and vegetable stock, or not.
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
14 oz can plum tomato or fresh chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ tsp salt
3 cups of penne pasta
6 cups broccoli, florets
3 oz of mozzarella vegan cheese, grated
- Preheat large deep skillet on medium heat and add olive oil, onion and garlic. Saute until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, Stir and continue to cook on a low heat.
- Add cook pasta and stir again.
- Continue to cook, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, and tomatos cover and cook for 3 minutes for crispy broccoli and 5 – 6 minutes for softer vegetables.
- Turn off heat, add cheese and stir until melted.
- Garnish with parsley or basil and serve hot.